Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hôtel Groslot!

19/09/2012

Bonjour!

After visiting the very beautiful Château de Chamerolles this past Saturday, we headed back to Orléans with hopes of getting to visit one more place...


Pause...before I tell you about the next site, let me tell you about how we got there...


...Yup!  I drove for my very first time in France, actually, my first time in all of Europe...and it went just fine!  Thank goodness they drive on the right side of the road here!


Now, back to our subject at hand...
Last Saturday and Sunday were special in France, celebrating the Journées Européennes du Patrimoine.  Many places were open to the Public for free or at a discounted price, so we wanted to take advantage of this.

So, off to Hôtel Groslot, the old Town Hall just down the street from the big Cathedral in Orléans.  It is a beautiful building...


16th Century!

 
 Here are some photos from inside...

Joan of Arc, the Heroine of the city of Orléans!





Amazing ceiling!

I was quite taken with the furniture...



This is the room where people used to get married!

My favorite chair!








Well, that's enough for today, so come back again, and we will travel to the city of Blois next time for another Château!

Have a jewel of a day!
Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment