Thursday, January 31, 2013

Third time's a Charm!

31/01/2013

Bonjour mes amis!

Today is another really Special Day for our Family!  Jewelius is turning 17!  Yup!  He's celebrating his Birthday in France!


He's an AWESOME young man, and we are very proud of him!

Joyeux Anniversaire, Jewelius!


Is the title for my blog puzzling for you?  Third time's a Charm?  Jewelius is Child #4 for us, so that's not it.  Well, the third time's a Charm for me, and it will be for you, too, because...


We're going back to
Château De Chenonceau!

This was MY third visit (in the last 5 months!) to this awesome place!  I HAD to take my kids to see it while they were here, though.  Looks like I'll be visiting during every Season, because every visitor who comes to see me, will have to go see my favorite Château with me.  Each time I take you there, I will definitely show you something I maybe haven't photographed before, or some small change they've made...let me remind you...they have an awesome Florist who creates beautiful arrangements that I love to admire!

So, let's head on over...

The kids had a bit of fun on the walk in...



Ah!  Here we are again!  So beautiful...


Everyone had to look down the Well...


This Window is just over the Front Door!  I actually asked Dr. J to take this one.  Usually he's the first to photograph the Stained Glass Windows...


It was a cold day...nice Fire!


For this visit to Château De Chenonceau, the florals were all made for Christmas and Winter!
 



They did a wintery, owl theme in the Chapel.  You saw a sneak-peak in my "Owls are so 'in' right now!" Post, but let me show you again...




Ms Emerald was as excited about the Arrangements as I was...hyacinths coming up here...



Isn't this an awesome Ceiling?



Awesome Christmas Decorations in the Big Hall...




Remember the Kitchen?  The Table is decorated nicely!





So many awesome things to look at...




These are the Floor Tiles, but for many of them, the Fleur-de-Lis has rubbed away over the years.  Only the tiles along the walls and corners still have the decoration.


This is the time of year when Moss grows on everything outside in France.  It looks so pretty against the White of the Stone...




Do you remember the Mourning room, the very dark bedroom?  This room got decorated as well...





Jewelius LOVES and HAS MISSED his Sisters!






Remember the Human Maze?  The kids had a ball together...



There you go!  Third time was a Charm, but I'm sure I'll be back for a fourth.  How could I still take so many pictures, even having already been there twice before?  It is a beautiful place to spend a few hours...

What Charms you?  Can you visit repeatedly, like ME?  I'm sure you can!

Have a "Jewel" of a Day!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment